Internationally, the AXA Research Fund supports the creation of innovative research professorships. Each AXA Chair is selected to address a global societal challenge related to one of the following areas: Environment, Health, New Technologies and Socio-Economics.
An AXA Chairholder must have demonstrated outstanding research achievements and leadership qualities. The application must be submitted by the host institution.
- Academic excellence of the candidate and innovative nature of the research program
- Potential to make a step change in the considered research field
- Transformative potential of the chair on the host institution
- Commitment to engage science with society
- Commitment to open access to data and publications, whenever possible
- An AXA Chair is awarded for 5 years
Level and use of the support
- Up to 1M for the whole duration of the programme
- The funding can be used to support part of the professor’s salary and support research activities
Eligibility and application procedure
- Institutions can submit only one application and need to choose one of our two campaigns.
- Please consult https://www.axa-research.org/en/page/AXA-Chairs?xtatc=INT-1-[AXA_CHAIRS] for further information on eligibility criteria and on the application procedure
- Institutions can express their interest in participating in AXA Chairs’ call for proposal until:
- October 22nd, 2018 (Fall campaign)
- April 22nd, 2019 (Spring campaign)